Born on 1 October 1930 in Lille, under his real name Philippe Pierre Fernand Noiret, was a great actor of French cinema. Indeed, Philippe Noiret has received numerous awards in France and also abroad. The awards include two Césars for best actors dated 1976 for the film “Le Vieux Fusil” and “Life and nothing else” for the year 1990.
An emblematic figure of French cinema, Philippe Noiret died on November 23, 2006 in Paris. You must know Philippe Noiret is one of the best known faces in cinema both European and global.
Childhood of the great film actor Philippe Noiret
After making several trips between the regions of France and Morocco in 1936 and 1938, Philippe Noiret spent his entire childhood in the city of Toulouse. Philippe Noiret studied at Janson-de-Sailly High School and Juilly College in the year 1945. Philippe Noiret discovers his vocation as an actor at the College in July. After failing his high school exams three times in 1949, Philippe Noiret dropped out of school and enrolled in an acting course in Paris and trained at the West Dramatic Center where he met Jean-Pierre Darras.
In 1953, Philippe Noiret joined the Théâtre National Populaire after passing an audition with Gérard Philipe.
Philippe Noiret has played more than 40 roles in great classics such as Macbeth, Dom Juan, etc.
In 1958, French actor Philippe Noiret and his troupe perform on various stages, including the national theater of Chaillot and the Festival d’Avignon.
Philippe Noiret began his film career in the 1950s and 1960s. Philippe Noiret in fact made his career debut in the cinema where he presented his first figure in the film Olivia.
Philippe Noiret’s true cinematic experience begins in 1955 in Agnès Varda’s first production of the film “La pointe courte”.
Top 20 of the best films by Philippe Noiret released in the 70-99 years
Here is the list of the twenty best titles of Philippe Noiret’s films that you will absolutely want to review:
- The old : released in 1971, the film is directed by Jean-Pierre Blanc. This film features various actors, including Philippe Noiret and Catherine Samie. The film tells the story of a man named Clem Spender;
- The murder : released in 1972, this film features Philippe Noiret, Jean Seberg and Jean-Louis Trintignant;
- The Judge and the Murderer (1976) : directed by Bertrand Tavernier, this film features Jean-Claude Brialy, Philippe Noiret, Michel Galabru and actress Isabelle Huppert;
- The Tatar desert : released in 1976, this film features the following actors, Philippe Noiret and Jacques Perrin;
- The Ripoux (1984) : This Claude Zidi film tells the story of a young police academy graduate named François who teams up with a policeman. The main actors of the film are Thierry Lhermitte and Philippe Noiret;
- Life and nothing else : this film was released in 1989 and was directed by Bertrand Tavernier. The main actors of this film are Philippe Noiret and Sabine Azéma;
- Paradise cinema : this film was released in 1988. The main actors of the film are Philippe Noiret, Jacques Perrin and Salvatore Cascio;
- Uranus (1990): directed by Claude Berri, the film titled Uranus sees the participation of various actors, including Michel Blanc, Philippe Noiret, Michel Galabru and Gérard Desarthe;
- The night of the generals : released in 1967 and produced by director Anatole Litvak, this film highlights various actors including, Philippe Noiret and Donald Pleasence;
- Let’s get the party started : Released in 1975, the main actors of this film are Philippe Noiret and François Dyrek. The film tells the story of France in the year 1719;
- Heads or tails : this film was released in 1980 and directed by Robert Enrico. The various main actors of the film are Philippe Noiret and Michel Serrault;
- The Palms of Mr. Schutz (1997) : produced by director Claude Pinoteau. This film features French actor Philippe Noiret and Isabelle Huppert;
- Cleramard (1969) : produced by director Yves Robert. The film features actress Martine Sarcey and Philippe Noiret;
- MR (1964) : produced by director Jean-Paul Le Chanois, the film tells the life of a writer named Jean d’Ormesson. The film’s main actors and actresses are Philippe Noiret and Mireille Darc;
- The secret : Released in 1974, the film is directed by Robert Enrico and features French actors including Philippe Noiret and Jean-François Adam. The film entitled “The secret” tells the story of a young man who enters the life of a couple;
- The witness : released in 1978, this film was directed by Jean-Pierre Mocky;
- around midnight : released in 1986, this film was directed by Bertrand Tavernier;
- Masks : Released in 1987, this film was directed by Claude Chabrol and features French actor Philippe Noiret;
- The postman : released in 1994, this film is composed of various actors, including Philippe Noiret and Massimo Troisi;
- the father’s journey : Released in 1966, this film was produced by French director Denys de La Patellière. The French film entitled “Le voyage du père” features various French actors, including Laurent Terzieff and Philippe Noiret. This French film tells the story of a father who has never heard from his daughter Marie-Louise.