Which footballer won the Ballon d’Or in 2022? Who wrote the play Cyrano de Bergerac? Which American billionaire recently bought the social network Twitter?… Here are three questions among the 40 on the menu of the general knowledge test offered to candidates for Miss France this year. Find all the questions – and the answers – in this article.
— Miss France (@MissFrance) November 23, 2022
40 questions, 6 topics, 90 minutes
The 30 contenders have been in Guadeloupe since Monday 21 November 2022. Between two photo shoots, everyone was confronted with the now traditional Miss general knowledge test. 40 questions – divided into six topics – and 90 minutes maximum to deliver your copy.
The range of universes offered is wide: news of recent months, French questions, mathematics/logic, history/geography, art, level of English.
This test is in MCQ format: each question – except the last two – is accompanied by four possible answers. Only one of them is good.
Difficulty level: “Accessible”
These 40 questions were developed by Frédéric Gilbert, artistic producer of the final of the Miss France 2023 contest, which will take place on December 17 in Châteauroux. This man is familiar with the exercise as he also works on the TF1 program Le Grand Quiz, presented by Hélène Mannarino. He estimates the level of difficulty of the general knowledge test submitted to the Misses this year at 6/10. This proof must remain “accessible”he says.
Read also: Miss France 2023. Discover the photos and portraits of the thirty candidates in the running
For the record, Perrine Prunier, Miss Normandy, was the fastest to complete the test. She left after half an hour, which of course doesn’t bode well for the outcome. “The first page was easy enough. But I assumed the pithivier was a tree…” specific.
Here are the questions for the Miss France 2023 general knowledge test:
1. What is the name of the new ruler of England who succeeds Queen Elizabeth II?
A) William V
B) Charles III
C) George VIII
D) Harry I
2. What is the name of the Ukrainian president?
A) Igor Stravinsky
B) Vaslav Nijinsky
C) Volodymyr Zelensky
D) Vladimir Putin
3. Which world famous singer released his new album Renaissance in 2022?
R) Lady Gaga
B) Dua Lipa
4. Which footballer won the Ballon d’Or in 2022?
A) Lionel Messi
B) Karim Benzema
C) Cristiano Ronaldo
Q) Kylian Mbappe
5. Which sailing regatta started on November 6, 2022 for Pointe-à-Pitre?
A) The Vendée Globe
B) The Transat Jacques Vabre
C) The Rum Route
D) The Jules Verne Trophy
6. Which French woman of letters has been nominated for the Nobel Prize in Literature in 2022?
A) Virginia Despentes
B) George Sand
C) Annie Ernaux
Q) Margherita Duras
7. The music festival turned 40 this year. To which minister do we owe the development of this celebration?
R) Jack Lang
B) Frederic Mitterrand
C) Roseline Bachelot
Q) Jacques Toubon
8. Where was COP 27 this year and what was it about?
A) In Sharm El-Sheikh in Egypt, to talk about the environment
B) In Sharm El-Sheikh in Egypt, to talk about global economic governance
C) In Durban, South Africa, to talk about the environment
D) In Durban, South Africa, to talk about global economic governance
ART, CULTURE AND PEOPLE (10 questions, 10 points)
9. On which radio station does Diane Leyre co-host the morning show?
A) Virgin Radio
C) Europe 1
10. Which countries did the last 3 Miss Universe come from?
A) South Africa, Mexico and India
B) Philippines, Colombia and United States
C) United States, India and Venezuela
D) France, Philippines and Poland
11. Which American star does the Netflix film “Blonde” trace the life of, released on September 16, 2022?
A) Our Lady
B) Marilyn Monroe
C) Dolly Parton
D) Paris Hilton
12. Who wrote the play Cyrano de Bergerac?
A) Victor Hugo
C) Edmond Rostand
Q) Alfred de Musset
13. Which designer is used to staging his fashion shows in nature like in a lavender field in 2019, in a wheat field in 2020 or in a salt mine in 2022?
A) Jean-Paul Gaultier
B) Olivier Rousteing
C) Eli Saab
14. What are savory pithiviers?
A) A large vineyard
B) A small biscuit with salted butter
C) A tree that grows in the water of the mangrove
D) A meat pie
15. What ceremony doesn’t award movies?
A) The Caesars
B) The Grammy Awards
C) The Oscars
D) The Golden Globes
16. Which singer won the Male Artist category at the Victoires de la Musique 2022?
A) Julien Doré
B) Fire! Chatty
17. Who painted the ceiling of the Opéra Garnier in Paris, which opened in 1964?
A) Bernard Buffett
B) Edgar Degas
C) Marcellus Duchamp
Q) Marc Chagall
18. Which American billionaire recently bought the social network Twitter?
R) Donald Trump
B) Jeff Bezos
C) Elon Moss
D) Bill Gates
LOGIC AND MATHEMATICS (5 questions, 5 points)
19. The fictional organization Miss Beauty is holding a beauty pageant in Singapore. Singapore’s time difference is more than 7 hours from France. Knowing that a flight between Paris and Singapore takes 12:50 and Miss France departs Paris at 8:20, what local time does Miss France arrive in Singapore?
B) 10:10 pm
20. A pair of shoes is on sale at 35%. Its original price is 200€. How much is the pair of shoes after the discount?
21. What is the formula of the Pythagorean theorem?
22. Complete the following logical sequence: 73 37 86 68 52
23. A card is drawn at random from a deck of 52 cards and its value is noted. What is the probability that this card is a jack?
FRENCH (5 questions, 5 points)
24. What does the adjective omnipotent mean?
A) Who knows everything
B) Who owns all the wealth
C) Who is omnipotent
D) That it is very heavy
25. Conjugate the verbs in the following sentence:
“The 30 young ladies who have been (verb elect) in the region are going (verb travel) from Paris to Pointe-à-Pitre.”
26. Choose the correct grammatical form in the following sentence:
“The election takes place (this/if) evening, (this/if) recalls Estelle. She put on (these/her) heels and went to (these/if) hair.
27. Which of the following expressions is an oxymoron?
A) Listening to a deafening silence
B) Having butterflies in the stomach
C) To be as dumb as a carp
D) Having eyes bigger than the stomach
28. Which of these words exists in the French language?
GEOGRAPHY/HISTORY (9 questions, 9 points)
29. What are the people of Châteauroux called?
A) The Castelrouxis
B) The Castelroussins
C) The Chateaurouxois
D) The Chateauroussins
30. What is the name of the volcano in Guadeloupe?
A) Piton de la Fournaise
B) La Soufriere
C) Mount Pelee
D) Mount Rainier
31. When did the Constitution of the Fifth Republic date?
32. Who was Olympe de Gouges?
A) A 19th century scientist
B) A robust remote control
C) A feminist literate
D) A heroine of Greek mythology
33. Elizabeth Borne is the second woman appointed Prime Minister of France. Who is the only woman to have taken this position before her?
A) Edith Cresson
B) Simone Velo
C) Segolene Royal
Q) Marlene Schiappa
34. In which year was the Veil law promulgated which ordered the decriminalization of abortion in France?
35. Which of these cities is a capital city?
In New York
C) Rio de Janeiro
D) New Delhi
36. Which of these countries is not part of the Baltic states?
37. Which woman entered the Pantheon in November 2021?
A) Joan of Arc
B) Josephine Baker
C) Marie Curie
D) Edith Piaf
ENGLISH (2 questions, 3 points)
38. Translate the following sentence into French: “Feminism is about giving women the choice. Feminism is not a stick to beat other women with. It’s about freedom. It’s about liberation. It’s about equality. (Emma Watson)
39. Answer the following question in English: What would you do with the title of Miss France if you were crowned on December 17th? (2 points)
Here are the answers of the general knowledge test of general knowledge Miss France 2023:
1.B) Charles III
2.C) Volodymyr Zelensky
4.B) Karim Benzema
5. C) The Rum Route
6. C) Annie Ernaux
7.A) Jack Lang
8. A) In Sharm El-Sheikh in Egypt, to talk about the environment
9.A) Radio Virgin
10. A) South Africa, Mexico and India
11.B) Marylin Monroe
12.C) Edmond Rostand
14. D) A meat pie
15.B) The Grammy Awards
17.D) Marc Chagall
18.C) Elon Moss
21. A) a^2+b^2=c^2
24. C) Who is omnipotent
25. The 30 Misses elected in the region will travel from Paris to Pointe-à-Pitre.
26. The election is tonight, remember Estelle. She put on high heels and went to do her hair.
27. A) Listening to a deafening silence
28. A) Obsession
29. B) The Castelroussins
30. B) La Soufriere
32. C) A feminist literate
33. A) Edith Cresson
35.D) New Delhi
36. C) Croatia
37. B) Josephine Baker
38. Feminism is about giving women a choice. Feminism is not a stick to beat other women with. It’s about freedom. It’s about liberation. It’s about equality.