The 30 candidates for the Miss France 2023 contest are currently in Guadeloupe to prepare for the elections to be held on December 17 in Châteauroux.
Between two photo shoots and choreography rehearsals, the young women had to pass the now traditional general knowledge test.
“Which world-famous singer released his new album Renaissance in 2022? » « What is the formula of the Pythagorean theorem ? “Which American billionaire recently bought the social network Twitter? or even “What is salted pithivier?” “.
The 40 questions related to a wide variety of topics, culture, sports, logic, history-geography, French but also English.
Applicants had up to 90 minutes to submit their work.
First Miss Normandy, then Miss Champagne-Ardenne
Perrine Prunier, Miss Normandy, was the fastest to complete the test.
She left after half an hour, which didn’t stop her from getting the best score, 17.5/20.
Excellent performance by Miss Champagne-Ardenne who obtained a beautiful second place.
Solène Scholer gets the score of 16/20.
The young medical student had come first in the general culture test organized as part of the regional elections.
Notes are taken into consideration in choosing the young women, pre-selected for the semi-finals of Miss France 2023.
And you, what mark would you have gotten?
Take the test!
- What is the name of the new ruler of England who succeeds Queen Elizabeth II?
A) William V
B) Charles III
C) George VIII
D) Harry I
- What is the name of the Ukrainian president?
A) Igor Stravinsky
B) Vaslav Nijinsky
C) Volodymyr Zelensky
D) Vladimir Putin
- Which world famous singer released his new album Renaissance in 2022?
R) Lady Gaga
B) Dua Lipa
- Which footballer won the Ballon d’Or in 2022?
A) Lionel Messi
B) Karim Benzema
C) Cristiano Ronaldo
Q) Kylian Mbappe
- Which sailing regatta started on 6 November 2022 for Pointe-à Pitre?
A) The Vendée Globe
B) The Transat Jacques Vabre
C) The Rum Route
D) The Jules Verne Trophy
- Which French woman of letters has been nominated for the Nobel Prize in Literature in 2022?
A) Virginia Despentes
B) George Sand
C) Annie Ernaux
Q) Margherita Duras
- The music festival turned 40 this year. To which minister do we owe the development of this celebration?
R) Jack Lang
B) Frederic Mitterrand
C) Roseline Bachelot
Q) Jacques Toubon
- Where was COP 27 this year and what was it about?
A) In Sharm El-Sheikh in Egypt, to talk about the environment
B) In Sharm El-Sheikh in Egypt, to talk about global economic governance
C) In Durban, South Africa, to talk about the environment
D) In Durban, South Africa, to talk about global economic governance
ART, CULTURE AND PEOPLE (10 questions, 10 points)
- On which radio station does Diane Leyre co-host the morning show?
A) Virgin Radio
C) Europe 1
- Which countries did the last 3 Miss Universe come from?
A) South Africa, Mexico and India
B) Philippines, Colombia and United States
C) United States, India and Venezuela
D) France, Philippines and Poland
- Which American star does the Netflix film “Blonde” trace the life of, released on September 16, 2022?
A) Our Lady
B) Marilyn Monroe
C) Dolly Parton
D) Paris Hilton
- Who wrote the comedy Cyrano de Bergerac?
A) Victor Hugo
C) Edmond Rostand
Q) Alfred de Musset
- Which designer is used to staging his fashion shows in nature like in a lavender field in 2019, in a wheat field in 2020 or in a salt mine in 2022?
A) Jean-Paul Gaultier
B) Olivier Rousteing
C) Eli Saab
- What are savory pithiviers?
A) A large vineyard
B) A small biscuit with salted butter
C) A tree that grows in the water of the mangrove
D) A meat pie
- What ceremony doesn’t award movies?
A) The Caesars
B) The Grammy Awards
C) The Oscars
D) The Golden Globes
- Which singer won the Male Artist category at the Victoires de la Musique 2022?
A) Julien Doré
B) Fire! Chatty
- Who painted the ceiling of the Opéra Garnier in Paris, which opened in 1964?
A) Bernard Buffett
B) Edgar Degas
C) Marcellus Duchamp
Q) Marc Chagall
- Which American billionaire recently bought the social network Twitter?
R) Donald Trump
B) Jeff Bezos
C) Elon Moss
D) Bill Gates
LOGIC AND MATHEMATICS (5 questions, 5 points)
- The fictional organization Miss Beauty is holding a beauty pageant in Singapore. Singapore’s time difference is more than 7 hours from France. Knowing that a flight between Paris and Singapore takes 12:50 and Miss France departs Paris at 8:20, what local time does Miss France arrive in Singapore?
B) 10:10 pm
- A pair of shoes is on sale at 35%. Its original price is 200€. How much is the pair of shoes after the discount?
- What is the formula of the Pythagorean theorem?
- Complete the following logical sequence: 73 37 86 68 52
- A card is drawn at random from a deck of 52 cards and its value is noted. What is the probability that this card is a Jack?
FRENCH (5 questions, 5 points)
- What does the adjective omnipotent mean?
A) Who knows everything
B) Who owns all the wealth
C) Who is omnipotent
D) That it is very heavy
- Conjugate the verbs in the following sentence: “The 30 young ladies who were (verb elected) in the region to go (verb travel) from Paris to Pointe-à-Pitre. »
- Choose the correct grammatical form in the following sentence: “The election takes place (this/if) evening, (this/if) recalls Estelle. She put on (these/her) high-heeled shoes and went to do her hair. »
- Which of the following expressions is an oxymoron?
A) Listening to a deafening silence
B) Having butterflies in the stomach
C) To be as dumb as a carp
D) Having eyes bigger than the stomach
- Which of these words exists in the French language?
GEOGRAPHY/HISTORY (9 questions, 9 points)
- What are the people of Châteauroux called?
A) The Castelrouxis
B) The Castelroussins
C) The Chateaurouxois
D) The Chateauroussins
- What is the name of the volcano in Guadeloupe?
A) Piton de la Fournaise
B) La Soufriere
C) Mount Pelee
D) Mount Rainier
- When did the Constitution of the Fifth Republic date?
- Who was Olympe de Gouges?
A) A 19th century scientist
B) A robust remote control
C) A feminist literate
D) A heroine of Greek mythology
- Elizabeth Borne is the second woman appointed Prime Minister of France. Who is the only woman to have taken this position before her?
A) Edith Cresson
B) Simone Velo
C) Segolene Royal
Q) Marlene Schiappa
- In which year was the Veil law promulgated which ordered the decriminalization of abortion in France?
- Which of these cities is a capital city?
In New York
C) Rio de Janeiro
D) New Delhi
- Which of these countries is not part of the Baltic states?
- Which woman entered the Pantheon in November 2021?
A) Joan of Arc
B) Josephine Baker
C) Marie Curie
D) Edith Piaf
ENGLISH (2 questions, 3 points)
- Translate the following sentence into French: “Feminism is about giving women choice. Feminism is not a stick to beat other women with. It’s about freedom. It’s about liberation. It’s about equality. (Emma Watson)
- Answer the following question in English: What would you do with the title of Miss France if you were crowned on December 17th? (2 points)