Making broth at home is easy. Consumed as they are in the diet, they also enrich risottos, ramen, soups… With their nutritional and gustatory benefits, they are also an excellent alternative to combat food waste.
risottodishes in sauce or ramen soup… The broths bring extra flavour to all dishes! Get out of industrial dehydrated broths, do a homemade broth is easy And economic since most often concocted from leftovers from the fridge. Prepared in large quantities, they have the advantage of keeping perfectly in the freezer for small dishes ready in a hurry. So convinced? We deliver to you all the secrets to successful broths if they are based on vegetables, meat or fish.
The 3 basic steps to make a perfect broth
You are beginners in the preparation of broths ? Not what youput the spleen in a court-bouillonwe share you 3 tips for ultra tasty broths based on the book Gourmet broths (Marabout editions) by Keda Blackfood writer (@kedablack23)
- Opt for one pot of at least 10-12 litres. Fill it witha large volume of cold water in which you soak the ingredients andas you warm up gradually. This slow cooking technique preserves the flavors and nutritional qualities of the food as much as possible.
- Clarify and skim your broths for remove “impurities” and grease that rise to the surface. Yours preparations I’m this way more digestible And less rich. Filtration with the help of Chinese or a fine mesh strainer it is also an important step for obtain a homogeneous and smooth broth.
- Store your broths properly. They hang around 4 days in the fridge And up to 6 months in the freezer ! The ice cube trays they are very useful for the daily use of your broths. As for your homemade mason jars, think about it label them with the type of preparation contain and Expiration date.
Chef Diego Alary shares his recipe for chicken broth
Diego Alary proposes his version of the traditional chicken soup into which it transforms a perfectly clear drink to lighten the preparations with Asian flavours !
- 500 g leftover roasted chicken carcasses
- 2 carrots coarsely chopped
- 20 g of ginger
- 1 stalk of celery with its tops
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 stick of lemongrass
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 half lemon
- 2 small dried chillies
- 1.5 to 2 liters of water
- 2 egg whites
- Discard leftover chicken and the ingredients that make up the filling in a saucepan.
- Wet at altitude with water.
- Leave the broth to infuse for 2 hours on low heat.
- Filter the broth through a sieve and collect it in a saucepan.
- To obtain a perfectly clear broth, mount them hard-boiled egg whites and add them to the broth. Stir on fire for 30 seconds then set aside for 15 minutes. This will allow bring out impurities and grease contained in the broth on the surface of the egg whites.
- Break the surface of the egg whites create a then And to collect the consumed with a ladle.
Antigaspi recipe: vegetable broth made from skins
No togrimace soup ! For this preparation, choose unprocessed organic vegetables because their peels will infuse for a long time so as to obtain a broth rich in aromas and vitamins.
Ingredients for 500 ml of broth:
- 250 g of peeled seasonal vegetables (carrots, celeriac, courgettes, pea pods, green leeks, etc.)
- 1 citrus peel (orange or lemon)
- 1 teaspoon any herbs of your choice (fennel, oregano, coriander seeds, etc.)
- 1 bunch of flowers
- 2 liters of water
- In a saucepan, put the vegetable peels and the aromatics then cover with water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil then leave simmer for 30-45 minutes low heat.
- Filter the broth And infuse citrus zest throughout the cooling period, this brings freshness in broth.
- Season the broth only at the end with salt, miso paste or soy sauce.
Instant broth of fish or shellfish
Powerful flavor enhancerthe broth offish bones and of crustacean shells it is ideal for breeding risotto, a paella or a plate of ramen. TO Fish shopthink about ordering now your fish…whole not to spoil anything!
Ingredients for 500 ml of broth:
- 250 g of fish trimmings (central bone, tail, skin, head, etc.) or crustacean shells
- A glass of white wine
- Some vegetables and herbs (leeks, fennel, carrots, bay leaves, etc.)
- A citrus zest or a stick of lemongrass
- 750ml of water
- In a saucepan, place the fish trimmings eo crustacean shells with the vegetables And aromatics. Wet the height with water and leave reduce for 20 minutes
- Add the white wine and continue cooking for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Filter and season as needed.