Transfer market diary: a crazy offer for Messi, mister Thuram still on Chelsea’s trail, has taken action for Sarabia…
A crazy offer for Messi, Marcus Thuram still pist Chelsea, has been active for Sarabia, Depay towards Atletico, Longoria clear about his intentions… Also discover the Foot Transfer Telegram, so you don’t miss any news of the last 24 hours.
Lionel Messi makes Al-Hilal dream.
With the winter transfer window now open, clubs are busy adjusting their squad for the second half of the season. From Monday to Saturday at 18.00, Maxifoot brings you daily the best of the biggest transfer window files and a summary of the main information of the last 24 hours, with official transfers and rumors that deserve particular attention.
With one click, you have most of what you need to know about the transfer window! To see all the information sorted by date or by club, go to the Maxifoot transfer window tables.
The TOP 5 files of the day not to be missed
1. Al-Hilal crazy offer for Messi?
When his contract expires next June, striker Lionel Messi has an agreement in principle for a renewal at Paris Saint-Germain. But currently, the Argentine international is free to discuss with the team of his choice for a arrival next season. And according to information from the Catalan newspaper Mundo Deportivo on Thursday, Al-Hilal dreams of securing the services of the recent world champion!
After the signing of Cristiano Ronaldo Al-Nassr, the Saudi club wants to react and would be ready to make a crazy offer, estimated at 300 million euros a year, to convince the native of Rosario! While this figure may make your head spin, Messi, still determined to evolve at the top level, looks well on his way to staying in Paris.
2. Marcus Thuram still followed by Chelsea
Despite the arrival of Joao Flix, officially loaned from Atletico Madrid on Wednesday until the end of the season, Chelsea intend to continue to light up the winter transfer market and strengthen their offensive sector. This arrival, in fact, does not change the Blues’ interest in striker Marcus Thuram, assures The Guardian journalist Fabrizio Romano.
At the end of his contract in June with Borussia Mnchengladbach, the French international is the subject of discussions with the English in view of an arrival in this market period. It remains to be seen whether the London club will really change gears in this case, estimated at between 10 and 15 million euros.
3. Wolverhampton move to Sarabia
Watched at Paris Saint-Germain, winger Pablo Sarabia is attracting interest this winter transfer window. According to information from Madrid’s AS newspaper on Thursday, the Spanish international is even the subject of a concrete and serious approach from Wolverhampton.
While there are other teams in the area, the Premier League outfit have the upper hand thanks to a financial powerhouse capable of satisfying the former FC Sville player and reigning French champions. But for the moment, despite the ongoing discussions, the current leader of Ligue 1 has not yet taken a decision on the situation of Sarabia, under contract until June 2024.
4. Depay said yes to Atletico Madrid
Following the formalization of Joao Flix’s loan departure to Chelsea on Wednesday, Atletico Madrid are stepping up their gear for FC Barcelona striker Memphis Depay. According to information from the Madrid-based newspaper Marca on Thursday, the two Spanish clubs are getting closer to a total agreement for the Dutch international.
If the details of this operation are not filtered, the former Lyonnais has already given the green light to join the Colchoneros. Therefore, this movement could also end very quickly in the days ahead. A boon for the Blaugrana, who absolutely wanted to get rid of Depay’s salary this winter before his contract expires next June.
5. Longoria clear about his intentions
Following the arrival of Ruslan Malinovskyi, Olympique de Marseille intend to continue to be active in this winter transfer window. Before the media on Thursday, Marseille president Pablo Longoria provided an update on his one goal: to sign a striker with a similar profile, Amine Harit, who has a knee injury and is out for the second half of the season.
Are you looking for a CTS player? For nothing. Especially in relation to how we play with three forwards. In this line two behind the striker as Igor Tudor plays, naturally after Amine’s injury, we are looking for another striker with the characteristics to be able to play in spaces. We must also find this characteristic, brought by Amine, of percussion and of driving the ball over 30 or 40 meters. We want a similar profile, we believe we need it to complete the squad. A piston? No, replied the Spaniard. A very precise roadmap.
Telegram Foot Transfer – updated on Thursday 12 January at 6pm
It’s official :
– The midfield Adrian Thomas he left Strasbourg for RC Lens for around €5 million.
– The Brazilian central defender Aiming retired.
TOP Corridor Noises You Can’t Miss:
In France :
– Olympique de Marseille have denied discussions with Aston Villa over the Marseille midfielder Matt Guendouzi.
– Courted by central defender of Ajax Amsterdam Leonard Balerdi made the decision to stay at Olympique de Marseille.
– Elche wants to stop the loan from the right side Pol Lirola and Olympique de Marseille are trying to send him to Monza.
– AS Monaco have made an offer for the Palmeiras midfielder Daniel : €13.5m John Luke.
– OGC Nice midfielder Mario Lemino will take over the management of Wolverhampton against a check for €10 million.
– The Lille striker Timothy Weah flat Everton, Fulham, Brighton and FC Sville.
– West Ham have launched an offensive for the Lorient striker Terem Moffi.
– FC Lorient’s talent Enzo Le Fe it won’t budge this winter.
– The Brest striker Irvin Cardona is approaching the departure for Augsburg.
– Montpellier are ready to offer 5.5m euros for the FC Metz centre-back Boubakar Kouyat.
– By regulation, the Chelsea striker Pierre Emerick Aubameyang he cannot return to FC Barcelona this winter.
– Chelsea are trying to get rid of the midfielder Timou Bakayokowhose loan to Milan could be interrupted.
– The striker George Rutter he will leave Hoffenheim for Leeds in a transfer of 40 million euros.
– Burnley centre-forward Outside Weghorst Manchester United will be ready.
– The winger’s contract expires next June Luca he will not be retained by Tottenham.
– Benfica will invest 14 million euros to afford the winger Andreas Schjelderup of FC Nordsjäelland.
– Al-Nassr coach Rudy Garcia calmed rumors about Real Madrid winger Eden Hazard.
– Free, Luis Enrico stands out as the big favorite to become the coach of Brazil.
– Saudi Arabian coach Herv Fox denied an application to Belgium.
+ The transfer tables of the LIGUE 1 clubs
+ EUROPE transfer tables (Eng, Spain, Ita, Germany)
See you tomorrow for a new edition of the Journal des Transferts. In the meantime, don’t forget to consult the briefs of the day, complementary to the JdT! Find all the information on the transfer window in real time on Maxifoot!