Oat flakes are much more universal than you might think! Sure, you can whip up a bowl of oatmeal or oatmeal in a snap with a ball of oats. But did you know that rolled oats are great for making other types of dishes like breads, pancakes, and even smoothies? With so many possibilities, we decided to round up some of our favorite healthy oatmeal recipes here! Plus, oatmeal is one of the best foods to eat for a longer life! It’s a tough start that can help lower “bad” LDL cholesterol and is high in fiber, a key nutrient that helps you lose weight. So here are some porridge recipes to lose weight fast by adding oatmeal to your daily diet!
The 2 best porridge recipes for weight loss!
If you like porridge, try these lower-calorie, but too delicious, versions! Grab a bowl of warm, nutritious porridge for an energizing breakfast. These feel-good recipes are packed with fruits, nuts, oats, and other heart-healthy grains. As a volume eater, I love that with a weight loss porridge recipe I can eat a huge bowl in the morning and that it takes less than 10 minutes to prepare.
Banana peanut butter oatmeal weight loss porridge recipe
Oatmeal has a justified reputation as a breakfast staple, but that doesn’t make this humble cereal foolproof. The problem is, plain oats are too boring to eat on a regular basis, and flavored oats contain a host of excess sugars and other ingredients that don’t belong in your breakfast bowl. So all those instant oatmeal packets that you think are a solid healthy breakfast option for weight loss actually do nothing to improve your health, and may be doing more harm than you think. We solve both problems by using peanut and almond butter to provide a base rich in healthy fats and bananas for a natural sweetness and a dose of potassium. This is the kind of weight loss porridge recipe you could be eating 5 days a week.
- 1/2 glass of water
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- Pinch of salt
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons of agave syrup
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Reduce heat to low and add oats and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes, until the oats are tender and have absorbed most of the liquid.
- Add the bananas, peanut butter, almonds and agave syrup and mix to incorporate evenly. If the oats are too thick, add a little milk. Peanut butter and banana might be our favorite oatmeal embellishments, but there are dozens of ways to whip up a bowl of oatmeal, including some surprising ones.
Cinnamon oatmeal overnight
Instant oatmeal varieties are often high in extra sugar, with less protein. (Even traditional cooking oatmeal can be high in carbohydrates and low in protein.) But with overnight oats, you’ll get all the convenience of prepackaged options, but with more health benefits. The milk and Greek yogurt add protein, and the flaxseeds add even more fiber. Plus, this version of overnight porridge is way tastier than anything store-bought. If you’re craving a breakfast pastry or sweet breakfast, this cinnamon roll recipe is for you!
- 1/2 cup regular rolled oats
- 1 vanilla flavored non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon of flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon of pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Cream Cheese Frosting Topping
- 1 tablespoon light cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon icing sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon skim milk
- In a small bowl or quart jar, combine the first six ingredients (near the cinnamon). Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- If using the optional cream cheese frosting, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a small bowl. Stir in the milk until the filling has the consistency of a drizzle. Drizzle over oats before serving or top oats with fresh fruit.
Read also: What is the effect of oats on the skin?