The best stuffed squid recipes for a romantic and special dinner!
Valentine’s Day is fast approaching and it’s the perfect time to plan the menu for a romantic dinner! This is why our editorial team has selected the top 3 of the best stuffed squid recipes. It’s yours !
The 3 best stuffed calamari recipes
If you want to surprise and amaze your partner’s palate on D-Day, try one of the recipes below, you won’t regret it, that’s for sure!
This is the perfect time to plan the menu for a romantic dinner
Baby Spinach Stuffed Calamari Recipe by Archzine Studio
If you are a lover of Mediterranean cuisine, you absolutely must try this quick and easy stuffed squid recipe.
- 30 g of butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 150 g of fresh new spinach
- 100 g of cooked basmati rice
- 40 g of golden raisins
- 30 g of crumbled pistachios
- smoked paprika to taste
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 100 g grated parmesan
- ½ bunch of fresh parsley
- 4 fresh squid
Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat
Add the onion and saute
Add the baby spinach
cooked basmati rice
Black pepper, dried oregano and lemon zest and mix everything
Add the grated parmesan
And fresh parsley
Mix well again and remove from heat.
Stuff the fresh squid
Close the tube with a wooden skewer
Cook about 4-5 minutes per side
Serve and enjoy
Sicilian squid recipe
This recipe is super easy to make and absolutely delicious.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus a little for dressing
- ½ onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 140 g of beets
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 1 tablespoon of capers
- ½ teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
- 3 tablespoons lightly toasted pine nuts if possible
- 3 tablespoons of golden raisins
- 7 g of pecorino romano or finely grated parmesan
- 30 g of fresh breadcrumbs
- 4 calamari, cleaned, skinned
- fresh parsley to serve
- lemon juice to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet.
- Cut the onion and garlic into small cubes. Remove the stems from the chard, cut off the ends and then slice the stems.
- Add the onion to the pan, cook for one minute then add the garlic and chard stalks. Cook for 3-5 minutes until tender but not browned.
- In the meantime, chop the chard leaves finely and cut the anchovy fillets into slices. Drain, rinse and chop the capers. Add the chard leaves to the pan once the onions are soft, stir for about 1-2 minutes. Add the anchovies, capers and fennel seeds and mix well.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and add the pine nuts, golden raisins, cheese and breadcrumbs and mix well.
- Stuff each of the calamari relatively completely, but being careful not to overfill – leave a gap of about 1cm.
- Arrange the stuffed squid in a buttered pan. Arrange the tentacles on each side and cover them with the rest of the filling. Salt and pepper lightly and drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until the calamari is firm and no longer translucent. Serve with a little chopped parsley on top and a squeeze of lemon.
Sicilian squid recipe
Stuffed Squid Recipes: Spanish Squid Recipe
This Spanish-inspired stuffed calamari is sure to wow your guests this season.
- 4 cleaned and trimmed squids
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 chorizo, diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- ½ glass of dry white wine
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup of white rice
- 250ml chicken broth
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 pinch of crushed black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- lemon juice
- Clean the squid, remove the tentacles and set them aside.
- Saute the onion and chorizo over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, chopped tentacles, black pepper and paprika and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the wine, deglaze the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the breadcrumbs and rice, stir to coat.
- Add the chicken stock and tomato, then simmer until the rice is almost cooked through.
- Add the frozen peas and chopped parsley and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and leave to cool.
- Stuff the calamari with the mixture and fry them in a pan for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Cut into slices and serve with a drizzle of oil, lemon juice and parsley.
Spanish-inspired stuffed squid