what is the recipe?
Best Raw Beet Salad: How do you know which one is the best? So which is the best: recipe and advice?
The best raw beet salad is one that anyone can eat, even those skeptical of its earthy, grounded flavor. Yes, beets have a special taste, a pronounced color, and not everyone likes this vegetable. So why eat it raw?
Flavor of raw beets
Raw (raw) beets are less sweet and earthy than boiled or roasted ones. For those sensitive to beetroot’s overly earthy, overpowering taste, it’s best to eat it raw. Beetroot is a well-known root vegetable with a dark red color.
Beets are a source of folic acid, vitamin C and potassium. Potassium is important for bone, kidney and muscle health.
How to store beets? They keep for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
I taste raw beetroot salad
Swiss chard can also be eaten raw or cooked. They can be used like any green salad. Make sure you rinse them well before preparing them to eat. Use them raw in salads, smoothies or as a garnish. However, you can cook beet greens in stir-fries or soups.
How to store beets? Beetroot leaves degrade faster and should be eaten within 2-5 days.
The best raw beet salad: recipes and tips
It’s a dirty business. To prepare a salad of raw beets, peel and grate them near the sink.
Beet Root Preparation: Raw Beetroot Salad Recipe
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 500 g of beets
- 1 large shallot
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard or to taste
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or other good strong vinegar
Chopped parsley, dill, chervil, rosemary or tarragon
- Peel the beets and shallots.
- Mix them in a food processor fitted with a bowl and metal blade, and mix thoroughly until the beets are grated. Don’t blend it though.
- Mix with salt, pepper, mustard, oil and vinegar.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Add the herbs and serve.
Raw beetroot salad with greens and nuts
- 1 beetroot, cooked and sliced
- 1/2 can of tangerine wedges
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 cups spinach or other leafy greens
- 1/4 cup nuts or no nuts
- oil-based dressing
- Put the vegetables and garnish with beetroot slices, tangerine wedges, red onion and walnuts.
- Dress with the vinaigrette by mixing 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of vinegar or lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Mix well if you like soggy salads.
Raw Beetroot and Red Cabbage Carrot Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
- 2 medium beets, cut into julienne strips
- 1 small red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 medium carrots, cut into julienne strips
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 cup of golden raisins
- 1 orange, squeezed and grated
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, julienned
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Let’s start by soaking the raisins: bring the golden raisins and add the orange juice. Leave to soak for 10 minutes.
- For the dressing, strain the remaining juice into a bowl. Add the orange zest, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard and salt to the reserved juice.
- Whisk the ingredients until combined or, if you can fit a lid, shake until the dressing is combined.
- When you assemble the salad, add the cabbage, carrots, apple, shallots and soaked raisins to a salad bowl and toss gently to combine. Then add the beetroot and mix gently again. Pour the orange vinaigrette over the salad and mix gently once more.